Pan IIT (USA)Chapters
|Dear Fellow IITan,
We would like to extend a special invitation to you to attend the next Global IIT Alumni Conference on September 30th thru October 2nd, 2011 at the New York Hilton in New York City. This year marks the 60th anniversary of the inception of the "IIT System". The IITs have come to represent India's capacity for excellence in education, technology and human capital. And all of you are part of this glorious story. We believe it is imperative to continue to build upon this positive image of the IITs and present it to a global audience, as well as give our alumni opportunities to network with each other and with the industry leaders. Today, we find USA and India are on a path of major collaboration in multiple platforms. IITans are very much integrated in building that bridge. The theme of the conference is"Solutions for a Better World." We like to invite innovators, scientists, educators, business leaders and entrepreneurs to discuss common solutions for common problems in USA and India. The conference aims to offer a platform for communication and collaboration among academia, business and government.
As the Times of India reported, the 200,000+ alumni of the IITs(about 25% in the USA):
- Have created about 20 Million Jobs
- Have created $500 billion of economic value
- Control annual budgets of $1 trillion
- Serve on the boards of over 50% of the 500 largest companies in India
- 9% of alumni are entrepreneurs, and
- 40% of them have founded more than one company.
In the US, IIT alumni achievements include
- Creation of over 200,000 jobs
- Pioneering such technologies as cellular communications and HDTV
- 60% of Silicon Valley startups have an IIT graduate as a CXO or a founder
- Leading executive positions, including CEO, at firms such as Citicorp, Hartford Financial, Harman International, Google, Cisco, Microsoft and Rohm & Haas.
- Deans of leading universities such as Harvard, Carnegie Mellon and MIT and Director of the National Science Foundation.
- Honored by the US Congress (HR227) for contribution to the creation of industries, jobs and intellectual properties in USA.
We hope you will register for the conference
, take advantage of the early registration discount and participate in various events including gala dinners on Friday and Saturday. If you have any question, you can contact Gautam Advani, Co-chair of the conference, via email, firstname.lastname@example.org
Gautam Advani Anil Bhandari
Co Chairman Co Chairman
Arjun Malhotra Raj Singh
Chairman Emeritus, Headstrong Chairman, Telecom Ventures
Umang Gupta Sudhakar Shenoy
Chairman & CEO, Keynote Systems Chairman & CEO, IMC Inc.
Girish Reddy Manoj Singh.
Founder, Managing Partner, CEO, Deloitte Asia Pacific Prisma Capital Partners